All you need to know about the event
Saturday, August 31st 2019
Starting time: 6 am at Scharnitz
Karwendel Run 52 km – Age classes:
- WH/MH born 1990 or later
- W30/M30 born 1980 to 1989
- W40/M40 born 1970 to 1979
- W50/M50 born 1960 to 1969
- W60/ M60 born 1959 or earlier
Karwendelmarsch Hike 52 km or 35 km
Maximum number of participants: 2.500
Distribution of start numbers and late entrants’ registration:
On Friday, August 30th 2019 from 11 am to 7 pm and on Saturday August 31st 2019 from 4 am to 5.30 am at parking “Länd P2” (Adress: Hinterautalstrasse 422, 6108 Scharnitz)
race|result with UHF-Chip (integrated in start number)
Please pay attention to a clearly visible and uncovered start number when crossing the time system at 35 km and 52 km. The fee for the chip is included in starting fee. Returning the chip is not necessary.
35 km discipline participants: finishing line at the Engalm/Großer Ahornboden – 5 pm
52 km discipline participants: finishing line in Pertisau am Achensee – 8 pm
IMPORTANT: Those taking part in the 52 km disciplines must have passed the Engalm/Großer Ahornboden checkpoint by 2.30 pm at the latest.
Great importance is attached to fair play during the Karwendelmarsch. Anyone acting in an unsporting fashion (short cuts, disregard of official instructions, leaving the marked route) will be disqualified without exception (Race Management).
Dogs are allowed, but without exception, be kept on a leash.
Running in the march class or vice versa does not lead to disqualification.
Services by organizer
(included in entry fee)
- personalized number (only for pre-registered participants)
- with integrated UHF-Chip for time recording
- Catering (food & beverage) at the refreshmentstations (menu)
- Finisher-Package with a surprise
- free Karwendelmarsch-Certificate online (for printing out)
- free showering possibility at the finishing area in Pertisau
- free massage at the finishing area in Pertisau (until ca. 07.00 pm)
- free transport of luggage from the start in Scharnitz to Pertisau
Likewise, professional event photos are shot from “werbegams.at” on event day , which can be purchased after the event .
Snacks & refreshments
Small snacks and drinks are available to all participants at each of the refreshment stations.
- Schafstallboden (1.173 m)
- Karwendelhaus (1.771 m)
- Kleiner Ahornboden (1.399 m)
- Falkenhütte (1.848 m)
- Eng (1.227 m)
- Binsalm (1.502m)
- Gramai Hochleger (1.756 m)
- Gramai (1.263 m)
- Falzturn (1.098 m)
- Pertisau at the Achensee (Ziel – 932 m)
Emergency App by Tyrolean mountain rescue
In 2012, the Leitstelle Tirol has, together with Tyrol mine rescue, developed the “Notfall App Bergrettung Tirol operated by Leitstelle Tirol GmbH” specifically for emergencies in the Alpine regions of the Tyrol. The app can only be used in the Tyrol and is available free of charge. In an acute situation, it makes it possible for the user, at the touch of a button, to transmit his or her own location (using GPS coordinates) to the Leitstelle Tirol, while a telephone connection between them is simultaneously established. As a consequence of this, the Leitstelle Tirol alerts and dispatches the necessary emergency personnel.