The owner of this website is responsible for processing your personal information. Details on the company can be found in the section ‘imprint’.
We take the protection of personal data very seriously. Your personal data will be treated confidentially and in line with both the data protection laws as well as the provisions set out in this data protection declaration.
Your data will not be passed on to third parties without your express permission.
The have the right to know which personal data has been collected about you as well as the right to have this data corrected and deleted. You also have the right to limit how this personal data is used and the right to data portability.
You have the right to revoke consent you may have given for your personal data to be processed. This withdrawal of consent shall have no impact on the legality of data processing activity up to the point in time when consent was withdrawn.
You have the right to object your personal data being used for direct advertising. In this case your personal data will no longer be used for direct advertising.
Furthermore, you have the right to submit a complaint to the national supervisory authority (Austrian Data Protection Authority, Wickenburggasse 8, 1080 Vienna, firstname.lastname@example.org).
Cookies make websites more user-friendly and efficient for users. A cookie is a small text file used to save information. When you visit a website, this website can place a cookie on your computer. If at a later point in time you visit the website again, the website can read the information saved in the cookie and find out, for example, whether you have visited the website before and which areas of the website you are particularly interested in.
More information on cookies is available on WIKIPEDIA.
Changing cookie settings
The web browser settings determine how the web browser deals with cookies and which cookies are or are not allowed. These settings can be changed. How and where these changes can be made depends on the web browser. Use the ‘Help’ function in your web browser to find out more about how to change your cookie settings.
Cookies on our website
Our website uses the following providers:
- Our website: To save your consent for cookies to be used.
- Google: To save user data connected to Google’s website statistics software Google Analytics. For more information visit Google Analytics.
- Facebook: To save user data connected to Facebook Pixel. For more information visit Facebook Developer and read the information on Facebook cookies.
- Hotjar: To save user data connected to Hotjar. For details read the Hotjar cookie information.
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service operated by Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA (“Google”). Google Analytics is based on the legal principle of overriding legitimate interest (analysis of website use). To this end we have concluded an agreement with Google on contracted data processing.
This website uses the function “Activation of IP anonymisation”. This means that within Member States of the European Union and countries of the European Economic Area your IP address will be shortened. Only in exceptional circumstances will the full IP address be sent to a Google server in the USA and shortened there
According to Google, this data is used to analyse the use of the website, produce reports on website activity and provide additional services connected to use of the website and the internet.
Google may also transfer this information to third parties if this is legally required or if the third party is tasked with processing the data on behalf of Google.
Deactivating Google Analytics
- You can prevent all websites from collecting your user data by downloading the following add-on and installing it on your computer: Download browser add-on.
- You can prevent this website from collecting your user data via Google Analytics by clicking on the following link. This places an opt-out cookie on your computer, which prevents data being collected from you if you visit this website again: Deactivate Google Analytics.
This website uses Facebook Pixel, a web analysis service operated by Facebook Ireland Limited, 4 Grand Canal Square, Dublin 2, Ireland (“Facebook”) based on the legal principle of overriding legitimate interest (analysis of website use). We have concluded an agreement with Facebook on contracted data processing. In some cases data will be transferred to the USA. This transfer of data to the USA takes place on the basis of the Privacy Shield.
According to Facebook, this data is used to analyse the use of the website, produce reports on website activity and provide additional services connected to use of the website and the internet.
Facebook may also transfer this information to third parties if this is legally required or if the third party is tasked with processing the data on behalf of Google.
For detailed information on the use of data by Facebook please consult Facebook’s data protection declaration.
Deactivating Facebook Pixel
- You can prevent this website from collecting your data via Facebook Pixel by clicking on the following link. This places an opt-out cookie on your computer, which prevents data from being collected from you if you visit this website again: Deactivate Facebook Pixel.
Some pages of our website have buttons which allow users to share the content on social media platforms such as Facebook, Google Plus, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Tumblr, Twitter, XING and YouTube.
These buttons have been designed to protect personal data. The script (computer programme) behind the buttons does not collect or process any personal data. Detailed information on the function of these buttons is available from Heise Verlag, the company which publishes the IT journal c’t and is also responsible for developing the buttons.
Website visitors who wish to share our website can click on one of these buttons. They will be forwarded to the “share” page of the respective social media platform. Only there will the scripts be loaded which are needed in order to share the content of the website. This sharing of information is subject to the terms and conditions as well as the data protection provisions of the respective social media platform. For more information visit Facebook, Google Plus, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Tumblr, Twitter, XING and YouTube.
The following information is collected about the website user’s device and browser:
- IP address of device in anonymised form;
- screen resolution of device;
- type of device (individual identifying characteristics of device), operating system and browser type;
- geographical location (country only);
- preferred language for showing Hotjar-based website.
- Mouse activity (movements, position and clicks)
- Keyboard activity
Our servers record random samples of information from Hotjar-based websites. This includes:
- referring domain;
- sites visited;
- geographical location (country only);
- preferred language for showing the website;
- date and time when the pages of the website were accessed.
For further details on the cookies used by us please see Hotjar’s Cookie Information.
Hotjar promises to guarantee that your data protection rights will be respected at all times when passing on information about your browsing activity and other details related to visiting the website.
By visiting Hotjar’s opt-out page and clicking on the option “Deactivate Hotjar” you can prevent Hotjar from collecting your data on this website. This deactivation is possible at any time.
Server Log Files
We log the following data fields:
- IP address
- site from which the file was accessed (“referrer URL”)
- name of the file
- date and time the file was accessed (“time stamp”)
- amount of data transferred
- access status (file transferred, file not found, etc.)
- type of web browser used, e.g. Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Microsoft Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, Apple Safari, Opera etc.)